this is passion....

this is passion....
REVIEWS

Monday, February 7, 2011

Lemuria - Pebble

Lemuria - Pebble (Bridge 9 Records)
Lemuria - Pebble
Location: Buffalo, New York
Label: Bridge 9 Records

Lemuria is: 
Sheena Ozzella - Guitar/vocals
Alex Kern - Drums/vocals
Max Gregor - Bass

I really didn't know what to think of this album the first time I listened to it. I heard it was going to be a lot different from their previous work. It definitely encompasses more of an indie pop rock-ish sound in comparison to anything else they've done. The lyrics are incredibly powerful. One of the things I've admired about this band from the moment I started listening to them is their lyrics. The topics that Sheena and Alex write about are admirable, courageous and dare I say, adorable sometimes? In this album they spare no remedy in those regards. In the title track Different Girls, Alex writes of what it's like to be away from your partner for long periods of time (they do tour a lot!) and the scenarios that can be created in the heads of separated lovers fictionally. After numerous listens that followed I think this is their most intelligently constructed record. It's not what most fans can expect and I don't think it's meant to be either. I mean that in the best way possible, this CD rules. I highly suggest picking this up, it's hands down their best work to date.

TRACK LISTING
  1. Gravity
  2. Wise People
  3. Pleaser
  4. Yellowstone Lady
  5. Irregular
  6. Ribcage
  7. Different Girls
  8. Bloomer
  9. Durian
  10. Chautauqua County
  11. The One

No comments:

Post a Comment