this is passion....

this is passion....
REVIEWS

Monday, February 7, 2011

Most Precious Blood - Do Not Resuscitate


Most Precious Blood - Do Not Resuscitate
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Label: Bullet Tooth Records

Most Precious Blood is:

Rob Fusco - Vocals
Justin Brannan - Guitar
Rachel Rosen - Guitar
Colin - Drums
Matty Miller - Bass

I didn't even think this band was still in existence until I saw that they were playing a show in Albany, much less releasing new music. This band has always been hit or miss for me, so I was skeptical when my friend Mike sent me this stuff. I really need to get out of the habit of not giving bands a chance, because this record slays. The first track has violin and an audio clip which gives off a not so serene feel right from the get go. From there it is an all out auditory assault with the occasional breaks of melody. If you find yourself running out of furniture to smash to this and are nervous, don't worry. The title track Of Scattered Ants That Swarm Together is completely acoustic and will give you time to clean up the disaster you made. This track shows how much Robs vocals have improved over the years even with being out of the game for awhile (again, you heard me right, I said acoustic). The guitar work is what I found to be most shocking about this album. It's phenomenal. You really do get it all in this album, and all without sounding like a shitty pseudo hardcore crockpot. Sweeps, solos, and the same hard riffs we've grown to anticipate from MPB. This album seems to take a page from the 90's predecessors as well. With lyrics and sections of tracks mimicking One King Down, Strife, and dare I say without ruffling some feathers, Indecision.  I'm glad I decided not to be an old prick about listening to this. this puts a lot of NYHC style hype bands to absolute shame. Hard, pissed, melodic, and worthy of hitting that pit, be it in your living room or at a show you're fortunate enough to catch them at.

TRACK LISTING


01. A Danger To Myself And Others
02. Shut The Fuck Up, Jailbreak
03. Meth Mites
04. Blame It On Altered Beast
05. Stuart Is A Dead Man Walking
06. Upstate Ghost
07. Enthusiastic Eugenicist
08. Functional Autist
09. Graveyard Postcards
10. Of Scattered Ants That Swarm Together
11. Animal Mother
12. Do Not Resuscitate 

No comments:

Post a Comment